October 24, 2009

TOTBT Day 23: Rhonda Stapelton

Today we have lovely Rhonda Stapelton here to share her creepy halloween activities. Rhonda is debut author of Stupid Cupid coming this December, which i have heard great reviews of! I cant wait for this one! Enjoy!!!
______________________________________________
I'm a scaredy cat. Anyone who has been around me knows that if I watch a scary movie, I'm usually going to spend the rest of the evening paying for it--meaning I'm lying in bed, staring at the ceiling, and hearing every creak and groan in the house as a portent of impending doom.
But even though I know this about myself, something in me still seeks out the dark, spooky, and mysterious during the Halloween season. I think it's the thrill of experiencing fear, the adrenaline rush I get from getting all freaked out in a mostly "safe" way (knowing I won't be maimed, skinned like a deer, or whatever). Kind of like how roller coaster junkies must always be trying for that new and better rush. Hm. Also kind of like crack junkies, but that's a whole other scary post.
Anyway, here are three Halloween-related activities from my past that totally creeped me out:
--a guided ghost tour. I went with the manpanion a few years ago on a bus tour of several haunted locales in the Cleveland area. On the tour, we heard the stories about a psycho man who killed and buried a family in their own barn; a guy who hung himself from the rafters of a warehouse; and a haunted inn with a creepy cave underneath its floors. The manpanion thought it would be funny to grab my shoulder in that dark cavern beneath the inn. I'm pretty sure I jumped 10 feet out of my skin. He's lucky I didn't crack him one.
--Silence of the Lambs. I was in high school, and some friends and I got together to watch this movie one Halloween. It totally freaked me out. Hannibal Lector was super-duper creepy! And the way he said "Clarice"...*shudder*. I still have issues watching this movie. Plus, dude...the whole skinning chicks thing was just way over-the-top.
--the Ghost Run. In Louisville, they have a ghost run, which means you get in your car and follow clues throughout what feels like all of rural Kentucky, going from one haunted house to the next. My friends and I decided we wanted to do it one year. Well, it was all fun and games until I FREAKING GOT US LOST. In the middle of nowhere. That was horridly scary--all I saw around me were big fields and a whole lotta nothin'. Plus, it didn't help that my family's car window broke and was stuck down. So we were freezing our buns off in pitch black cold, trying to find our way home. And I hit someone's mailbox trying to turn around and lost a hubcap to the car. Fun night!
So, what about you? Do you like to celebrate Halloween by getting the pants scared off you? What have you done that's really been creeptacular?
_______________________________________
Oh my getting lost in a ghost run would be scary! I have never been to one, but it sounds like a lot of fun, except the getting lost part of course! Thanks for sharing Rhonda!!! Make sure to check out her website HERE

1 comment:

Rhonda Helms said...

YAY, thanks for having me on here! :D