October 10, 2009

TOTBT DAY 10: Need Review


Hey girls! Today i have a review for Need! This book came out a while ago, but i just barely got to reading it! It's all about pixies, and how very halloween is that?

Need by Carrie Jones...
Zara collects phobias the way other high school girls collect lipsticks. Little wonder, since life’s been pretty rough so far. Her father left, her stepfather just died, and her mother’s pretty much checked out. Now Zara’s living with her grandmother in sleepy, cold Maine so that she stays “safe.” Zara doesn’t think she’s in danger; she thinks her mother can’t deal.
Wrong. Turns out that guy she sees everywhere, the one leaving trails of gold glitter, isn’t a figment of her imagination. He’s a pixie—and not the cute, lovable kind with wings. He’s the kind who has dreadful, uncontrollable needs. And he’s trailing Zara.

When I picked up need all I knew about it was it was about pixies and everyone around the blog-o-sphere was raving about how awesome it was and excited they were for the next novel-Captivate! Since it is Halloween month here at Sunshine Edition I decided to give it a try, and it didn’t disappoint.I expected NEED to be about Tinkerbelle kind of pixies, you know the cute one that helps people fly? Boy was I wrong!
NEED was fast paced and jam packed with action. I loved how the novel started out as Zara (Love the Name) was moving in with her grandmother, because she was in a state of depression. She is the new girl at school, and I adored watching her make friends and struggle to be a strong independent girl! You know how in some books, it is so obvious who is the wrong guy, and which one is right? In need I totally couldn’t tell! I mean I loved both the main guy characters! Ian was this outgoing club officer, while Nick was the mysterious bad boy. I won’t give anything away, but I was so SURPRISED at the end!
I also loved the whole plot of Pixies gone bad. There was just one surprise after the other by the end I was almost jumping out of my bed; I didn’t know what was going to happen next. Defiantly a fun read that I wouldn’t normally pick up! Can't wait to read CAPTIVATE!

3/5 Suns




P.S.-there is still time to enter the FEAR STREET CONTEST!*

No comments: