August 27, 2009

The summer i Turned Pretty


The Summer I turned pretty By jenny han...
Belly measures her life in summers. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer, a place away from the beach house, away from Susannah, and most importantly, away from Jeremiah and Conrad. They are the boys that Belly has known since her very first summer -- they have been her brother figures, her crushes, and everything in between. But one summer, one wonderful and terrible summer, the more everything changes, the more it all ends up just the way it should have been all along.
The summer i turned pretty , was loaned to me by my friend . She said "Rachel Just read it" i was protesting because i really did not want to read this book! I mean the cover looked so gross to me, and i didnt want to give it a second chance. Then last night (Sunday) i started reading and i couldnt stop! I read all the way through the night. Which, btw, is one of my favorite things to do! I absolutely loved this book. I loved how it went back to previous summers and highlited favorite and sometimes sad moments. But most of them were pretty darn funny. After reading this i wish my family went to a beach house every summer with friends. This book made it sound like so much fun!!! The title of the book makes it seem like the main character will be really not cute, but the author didnt do that. Yeah she gave subtle hints about her having no boobs-and maybe a littl over weight. Mostly it was just the main character,Belly, being excluded and how she yearned to be included. I loved going through belly's life. Her getting her firt kiss, learning how to drive, and finding her first love!! I would definatly reccoment this. And this goes to show- YOU CANT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER! :) Look forward to more books by author. A very Fun Beach Read.
5/5 suns






No comments: