July 30, 2009

Twenty Boy Summer

Twenty boy summer by Sarah Ockler...

“Don’t worry, Anna. I’ll tell her, okay? Just let me think about the best way to do it.”
“Okay.”
“Promise me? Promise you won’t say anything?”
“Don’t worry.” I laughed. “
It’s our secret, right?”

For Anna Reiley and Frankie Perino, the ingredients for the Absolute Best Summer Ever are simple: Two girls. Two bikinis. And twenty days in Zanzibar Bay, California. The best part? According to Frankie, if they meet one boy every day, there’s a good chance Anna will find her first summer romance.Anna lightheartedly agrees to the fun, but there’s something she hasn’t told Frankie… she’s already had her romance, and it was with Frankie’s older brother, Matt, just before his tragic death last year.TWENTY BOY SUMMER explores what it truly means to love someone, what it means to grieve, and ultimately, how to make the most of every beautiful moment life has to offer.

I was not expecting Twenty boy summer to be more than its name-all about boys! What a got was a heart-wrenching, intense, insanely amazing book about a lost love! I am the ultimate cry baby and get sad at just about anything, but i rarely cry when reading a book. Within the First couple of chapters i was balling my eyes out trying so hard to keep my fresh crisp pages tear free. But this novel by Ockler seriously changed my view on a lot of things. I love that this wasn't a light boy crazy read, but a situation that is not explored a lot through writing-grievance. Anna the main character is so easy to relate to and i connected so well with her in the book. She took me on this journey from being safe and living inside the lines to jumping outside the box and living life while still remembering who she was! And Sam the typical cali-surfer was the irresistibly charming gentleman. The Writing was Fantastic, the characters were breathtaking, and the plot developed exquisitely i will re-read this over and over again! O.M.G. it was so Amazingly Fabulous! Can't Wait for more Sarah Ockler! Thanks Sarah at Sarah s Random musing for the book
One of my new all time favorites!!!

5/5 Suns



No comments: