July 11, 2009

Across The Pond

Across the pond by Storyheart...

Finding himself packed off to friends in the USA, fifteen-year-old English born Fred Squire is not happy. Then he meets Brittany.Struggling with his feelings for Brit and the language, Fred is further confused when he meets Brit's flirtatious friend, Angel.Escaping from a confrontation with Steve Harris, the neighborhood bully, Brit tells Fred her dark secret about Harris, and Fred's world is turned upside down.Life continues to throw Fred a curveball when he catches a baseball worth a small fortune. With romance, adventure, humor, first love and even a little sport thrown in for good measure. Across the Pond takes the readers on magical trip that all will enjoy, from the young to the young at heart.

When i received an email to review this book i was ecstatic! Its my first book i got sent to me to be reviewed,and its such an honor. I was excited to read this book, but when i read it i found out its not my usual cup of tea..I absolutely love the story line, a guy coming from England and falling in love with an American Girl. I think the point that made it not as enjoyable for me is its such a younge age. If it was set around an older audience and had more adventure than just the local bully it would have been great! Also the Vocab idea was great, i loved the comparisons, but some of them i got a little confused with, and after a while it got tedious! I would suggest this to a younger audience- pre-teen era!!

2/5 Suns

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the review, sorry you foud it "tedious" It's intereting you think "pre-teen" when many older people I mean mothers of children and people from 10 to 80 are enjoying the book. Still I am glad at least it has started you on the review trail.

Thank you once again

Barry