September 26, 2009

The Ex Games

The Ex Games by Jennifer Echols...

Hayden and Nick used to be a hot item, but their brief affair ended with a highly publicized breakup. Now the two are "just friends," excluding the occasional flirtation.
When Hayden wins the girls' division of a local snowboarding competition, Nick is unimpressed, claiming that Hayden wouldn't have a chance against a guy. Hayden calls Nick's bluff and challenges him to a head-to-head boarding contest. Their mutual friends quickly take sides, the girls on Hayden's and the boys on Nick's, making for an all-out battle of the sexes. This friendly competition is bound to get heated -- and they might end up igniting some old flames.


I have loved Jennifer Echols since going too far. Little did I know that she wrote the Ex games, until after I finished it. Usually the Simon Romantic Comedies are really good or really bad! The Ex Games was PERFECTLY AMAZING! This is one of my new favorites! I really liked how the plot develops. It’s not rushed and forced, and although I thought I knew what was coming, Echols always surprised me. The whole story line is so cute. Hayden and Nick’s interaction was perfect and their arguments and Make ups ( wink wink) are so steamy!!! Plus the whole competition just add a great element to the book. Also since I am from a snow state, I adored the snow setting and winter love. I really do like summer, but winter love just makes everything much more romantic! Besides the two main characters the side characters were really well though out. All of their personalities came through and it just made this book even better! LOVE LOVE LOVED THIS! The Ex Games is perfect for our approaching winter season:)

5/5 Suns

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I loved Going too Far as well. I'm definitely interested in anything else written by Jennifer Echols. Sounds great!